Saturday, February 21, 2015

Wounds Heal

Wounds heal, scars fade
You’ll get over it
It’s what they always say
Their convenient go-to phrase
There, that’ll do the trick

They don’t see
How much it matters
At least, to me
They didn’t know that’s why I got madder

One, two, three, four, five
There, NOW the hurt should be gone
You can survive
Meanwhile, I am looking beyond

That’s enough, they said
Stop your crying and move on
I cried more instead
The tears would not staunch

You don’t feel my pain
You remember your own
And that is not the same
Don’t say anymore, please don’t

You stuck a dam on my cries
I want so badly to burst
But no, you believe my lies
And see only the surface of my smile, so forced

It’s still stinging
I am too substantial; My being wants to perish
I am also, slowly, thinking
Of every little thing I will always cherish

No comments:

Post a Comment